News:Recently,Dr. Niti Kumar,Senior Scientist of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology Division,CSIR-CDRI has received the SERB Women’s Excellence Award-2020.
About the award:
- The award is presented to women scientists below 40 years of age who have received recognition from national academies.
- The winner will be supported by a research grant of Rs.5 lakhs per annum for 3 years by the Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science & Technology,Government of India(SERB-DST).
- The Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB) is a statutory body established through an Act of Parliament in 2008.
- The Board is chaired by the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology and has other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.
- It aims to promote basic research in science and engineering and to provide financial assistance to scientists, academic institutions and other agencies for such research.