About the award:
- Started by the All India Council of Technical Education(AICTE) in 2017.
- It is named after the spirit of engineering and creation patronized by Lord Vishwakarma,the Hindu deity of construction practices in India.
- Aim:To motivate young individuals,inspire leaders and institutions/ organizations to raise their performance in their specific domains.
- The 2019 awards are organized by AICTE in association with Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) and Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Ayog.
- Theme:How to enhance the income of the Village.
- The All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education.
- It works under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of the technical education and management education system in India.