- British Prime Minister is set to face another Brexit deal defeat after two major eurosceptic factions in UK parliament have said that they would vote against her deal.It was because she had failed to get any concessions from the European Union(EU).A Eurosceptic is someone who is opposed to closer links between Britain and the European Union.
- If the Brexit deal which was voted down before,is defeated again then (a) UK will be leaving EU without a deal on March 29 or (b)they can request European Union(EU) for delaying Brexit or (c)Brexit could be reversed.
- UK had invoked Article 50 in 2016 and the deadline for the Brexit deal is March 29,2019.Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon gives any EU member state the right to quit unilaterally and outlines the procedure for doing so.It gives the leaving country two years to negotiate an exit deal.
- Brexit is a term used to define United Kingdom coming out of EU.During a referendum in 2016,UK voted by a narrow margin in favour of Brexit.
- European Union is a political and economic union of 28 member states.Its monetary union was established in 1999 and came into full force in 2002 and is composed of 19 EU member states which use the euro currency.The EU and European citizenship were established when the Maastricht Treaty which came into force in 1993.
2 min read