- The Nagaland government has constituted a commission to frame the modalities of creating the Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland(RIIN).
- The Commission would be headed by retired Chief Secretary Banuo Z. Jamir as chairman.The panel would submit its report within three months.
- The commission would recommend (a)the eligibility criteria to be an indigenous inhabitant (b)the documents to be acceptable as proof for being an indigenous inhabitant (c)the manner in which the exercise is to be carried out and (d)any other issue relating to implementation of the RIIN.
- The RIIN is aimed at preparing a master list of all indigenous peoples.It is being prepared to stop the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates.
- December 1,1963,the date on which Nagaland attained statehood is the base year for determining an indigenous inhabitant of the State.
1 min read