- In the lines of NRC of Assam, the Nagaland government has decided to set up Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN).
- The RIIN is aimed at preparing a master list of all indigenous peoples. It is being prepared to stop the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates.
- The exercise will be conducted through an extensive survey of residents in every village and ward in the state and will be based on existing official records. The list will be prepared under the supervision of each district administration.
- The exercise to prepare the Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN) will begin on July 10 and will be completed within 60 days.
- In Assam, the process to identifying illegal immigrants is being done by updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) which was first prepared in 1951. The final NRC will be published on July 31st 2019.
7 min read