News:The ‘Nagpur Resolution- A holistic approach for empowering citizens’ was adopted during the Regional Conference on ‘Improving Public Service Delivery – Role of Governments’, in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
About the conference:
- The conference was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG),Government of India in collaboration with the Government of Maharashtra.
Key Highlights from the conference:The Conference resolved that Government of India and the State Governments shall collaborate to:
- empower the citizens through timely updation of citizens charters, implementation of enactments and benchmarking standards for continuous improvement;
- empower citizens by reduction in timelines of grievance redressal;
- adopt a holistic approach for improved service delivery through digital platforms;
- achieve a sense of common identity by exchange of expertise in the areas of Improved Service Delivery between the paired States under the Ek Bharat –Shreshtha Bharat Program;
- Ensure timely publication of Good Governance Index to identify the quality of governance in 10 sectors especially those pertaining to welfare and infrastructure at the Union, State and District levels.
- The citizen’s charter is basically a set of commitments made by an organization regarding the standards of service which it delivers.
- It comprises of the Vision and Mission Statement of the organization, stating the outcomes desired and the broad strategy to achieve these goals and outcomes.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced by the Prime Minister on 31st October,2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The scheme aims to promote engagement amongst the people of different states/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures,thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has been designated Nodal Ministry for coordination of the programme.
About Good Governance index(GGI):
- The Good Governance index is a comprehensive and implementable framework to assess the State of Governance in all States and UTs which enables ranking of States/Districts and present a comparative picture.
Components of GGI:There are ten sectors for the GGI and it comprises 51 indicators.