News: 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme was inaugurated in Puducherry
About National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme
- It is organised by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) along with state/UT government
- Aim: To ensure development and empowerment of the tribal youths
- To expose tribal youth to the technological and industrial advancement that has taken place in different states
- To sensitize the tribal youth about their rich traditional & cultural heritage
- To provide exposure to industry and Skill Development programme
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS)
- The scheme of Nehru Yuva Kendra for each district in India started in 1972.
- It functions under the Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Objective: providing rural youth avenues to take part in the process of nation building and opportunities for the development of their personality and skills.