News: World Economic Forum (WEF) has released Nature Risk Rising Report
About Nature Risk Rising Report
- It has produced by WEF in collaboration with PwC and the first report in series of New Nature Economy (NNE) reports.
- It explains how nature-related risks matter to business, why they must be urgently mainstreamed into risk management strategies
Key takeaways from Nature Risk Rising Report
- USD 44 trillion of economic value generation is moderately or highly dependent on nature and its services and, as a result, exposed to risks from nature loss.
- China, the European Union and the US have the highest absolute economic value in nature-dependent industries
- Construction, agriculture & food and beverages are the three largest industries that depend most on nature.