- The North East Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP) has empowered the poor and improved the lives of people in about 3 lakh rural households in Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
- NERLP is World Bank aided multi-state livelihood project under the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region(DoNER).The project was launched in 2012.
- The project aims to improve rural livelihoods especially that of women, unemployed youth and the most disadvantaged in four North Eastern States.
- The project has focussed on five development strategies namely (a) social empowerment (b)economic empowerment (c)partnership development (d)project management and (e)livelihood & value chain developments.
- The project also works in partnerships with expert organizations to focus on cluster development through value chain.
1 min read