Skip to content
- Odisha government has approved the formation of the Odisha Maritime Board in the state.
- The board will deal with the administration, control and management of non-major ports and non-nationalised inland waterways.
- The Board will be constituted with 12 members with Chief Secretary as the chairperson along with representatives of stakeholders departments as well as representatives of the Central government.
- The board will function as a single window facilitator for the overall maritime development of the State.
- It will also provide policy, guidelines and directions for the integrated development of ports and inland water transport keeping in view of the country’s security and defence related concerns.
- Odisha is endowed with a vast coastline of 480 km having rich,unique and natural port locations and perennial rivers.