News:Palestine has threatened to withdraw from key provisions of the Oslo Accords if the US announces its Middle East Peace Plan.
About Oslo Accord:
- The Oslo Accords are a series of agreements signed between the State of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization(PLO) in the 1990s.
- The accord meant to effectively bring the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to its end by means of territorial concessions and facilitating the creation of the Palestinian Authority.
Oslo accord I(1993):
- It is formally known as the Declaration of Principles(DOP).The pact established a timetable for the Middle East peace process.It planned for an interim Palestinian government in Gaza and Jericho in the West Bank.
Oslo accord II(1995):The accord called for
- Israel to withdraw from Jericho and Gaza and eventually the West Bank.
- Five years of limited autonomy for Palestinians in those areas.
- Election of Palestinian Legislative Council within nine months.
- Establishment of a Palestinian police force.
- The question of Jerusalem was left undecided.