- The central government has accorded the Organised Group A Service status to senior officers of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) that will ensure better service benefits for them.
- The cabinet has also approved extension of benefit of Non-Functional Financial Upgradation (NFFU) status to Group A officers of the CAPF.
- NFFU basically makes an officer eligible for higher salary in case he is not promoted due to lack of vacancies despite being eligible for promotion.
- The move will benefit thousands of serving officers and many others who have retired since 2006 from the five primary CAPFs or paramilitary forces namely CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP and SSB.
- The officers will now get better deputation chances as they will be eligible to get empanelled under the central staffing scheme, get enhanced facilities of transportation, house rent allowance, travelling and dearness allowance.
- This decision was taken by the Government after the Supreme Court had upheld the Delhi High Court judgment granting the status of organised group ‘A’ services to CAPF officers.
2 min read