News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated 5 DRDO Young Scientist Laboratories (DYSLs) to the nation.
About DRDO Young Scientist Laboratories (DYSLs)
- The DYSLs are located in five cities: Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
- These labs will work on a key advanced technology of importance to the development of futuristic defence systems. This includes Artificial intelligence, Quantum technologies, Cognitive technologies, Asymmetric technologies and Smart materials.
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- DRDO is India’s premier organization for research related to defence technology.
- It is under administrative control of Department of Defence Research and Development, Ministry of Defence.
- It was established in 1958 and is headquartered in New Delhi.