- Indian PM has concluded his two-day visit to attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) summit in Bishkek,Kyrgyzstan.
- During his visit,Indian PM has held successful bilaterals with China, Russia, Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan apart from addressing the SCO summit.
- He coined the acronym HEALTH during his address at the Summit, which is a template for strengthening cooperation amongst SCO member-states.
- Expanding on the acronym,he said that the ‘H’ in HEALTH stands for Healthcare Cooperation,’E’ for Economic Cooperation,’A’ for Alternate Energy, ‘L’ for Literature and Culture,’T’ for Terrorism free society and ‘H’ for Humanitarian Cooperation.
- Indian PM has also asked the member states to try coordinated action against international terrorism under the SCO-Regional Anti Terrorist Structure(RATS).
- Indian PM also said that India’s participation in projects such as the International North South Transport Corridor(INSTC),Ashgabat Agreement and in the development of Iran’s Chabahar port was a hallmark of its commitment to linkages between India and the region.
- The INSTC is a 7,200-km multimode network of ship, rail and road routes for moving freight between India, Iran, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Central Asia and Europe.
- The Ashgabat Agreement is a pact among Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Pakistan, India and Oman to build an international transport and transit corridor that facilitates transportation of goods between Central Asia and the Persian Gulf.
- The Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) is a permanent organ of the SCO.It serves to promote cooperation of member states against (a)terrorism (b)separatism and (c)extremism.The head of RATS is elected to a three-year term.Each member state also sends a permanent representative to RATS.Its headquartered in Tashkent,Uzbekistan.
8 min read