News:Election Commission of India (ECI) is set to implement the Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System(PPRTMS).
About the registration system:
- The registration tracking system is being implemented to help the applicants track the process of registration of political party.This system will be effective from 1st January,2020.
- The system will be implemented through an online portal to facilitate tracking of status of application by applicants.
- The applicant will be able to track the progress of his / her application for registration of political party by providing contact mobile number and email address of the party.
About Registration of Political Parties:
- The Registration of Political parties is governed by the provisions of Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- A party seeking registration under the said Section with the Commission has to submit an application to the Commission within a period of 30 days.
- The application should be as per the guidelines prescribed by the Election Commission in the exercise of the powers conferred by Article 324 and Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act,1951.