News:Prime Minister will launch Pradhan Mantri Kisan Man Dhan scheme and 400 Eklavya Model Residential Schools on September 12,2019.
About Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana
- The scheme aims to provide social security to all landholding Small and Marginal Farmers.
- Aim:Under this scheme,a fixed pension of Rs.3,000/- will be provided to all eligible small and marginal farmers.It is a voluntary and contribution based pension scheme.
- Contribution:Farmers will have to contribute an amount between Rs.55 to Rs.200 per month in the Pension Fund till they reach the retirement date i.e. the age of 60 years.
- The Central Government will also make an equal contribution of the same amount in the pension fund.
- Eligibility:Farmers who are of the age of 18 years and above and upto 40 years are eligible to join the scheme.
- Further,the Spouses of the Small and Marginal farmers are also eligible to join the scheme separately and they will also get separate pension of Rs.3000 when they reach the age of 60 years.
About Eklavya Model Residential School(EMRS)
- EMRS scheme was introduced in the year 1997-98 by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs,Government of India.
- The scheme aims to setup model residential school for Scheduled Tribes across India.
- The objectives of EMRS are to (a)Provide quality middle and high-level education to Scheduled Tribe (ST) students in remote areas (b)Enable them to avail of reservation in high and professional educational courses and in jobs in government and public and private sectors and (c)Construction of infrastructure that provides education, physical, environmental and cultural needs of student life.
- The EMRSs are set up in States/UTs with grants under Article 275(1) of the Constitution of India.
- As per the budget 2018-19,every block with more than 50% Scheduled tribe population and at least 20,000 tribal persons will have an Eklavya Model Residential School by the year 2022.