News: Prime Minister will inaugurate the 750 MW Rewa Solar plant set up at Rewa, Madhya Pradesh.
- Rewa Solar Plant:It is Asia’s largest solar power project.It has been developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) a joint venture company of Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited.
- Solar Capacity: The solar plant has a total solar installed capacity of 750 MW.
- Significance: It is the first solar park of India to receive funding from the World Bank and also the first project to get funding from Clean Technology Fund in India.
- The project is also the first renewable energy project to supply to an institutional customer outside the state, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
- Impact: The project would lead to avoiding 15.4 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide generation every year.
- Clean Technology Fund: It is one of two multi-donor Trust Funds within the Climate Investment Funds(CIFs),the other being the Strategic Climate Fund.
- Aim: To provide scaled up financing to contribute to the demonstration, deployment and transfer of low-carbon technologies with a significant potential for long-term greenhouse gas emissions savings.
- Trustee: The World Bank is the Trustee and administering unit of CTF Fund.