News: Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region(DoNER) has interacted with Self Help Groups associated with North Eastern Region Community Resource and Management Program(NERCORMP).
- North Eastern Region Community Resource Management Project (NERCORMP) is a livelihood and rural development project.
- Aim: To transform the lives of the poor and marginalized tribal families in North East(NE) India.
- Social mobilization, organization and capacity building to tap and realize the great potential of the communities.
- Intervene with the economic, social activities and infrastructure with predominant thrust on income generating activities to achieve economic transformation.
- Bodies Involved: It is a joint initiative of the North Eastern Council (NEC), Ministry of DoNER and International Fund for Agricultural Development(IFAD).
- Implementation: It is operating in four states Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya and Manipur.
- IFAD: It is an international financial institution and a specialised agency of the United Nations that works to address poverty and hunger in rural areas of developing countries.It is headquartered in Rome,Italy.