- The 2019 Pulitzer Prizes were announced.It is an award for achievements in newspaper,magazine and online journalism,literature and musical composition in the United States.
- Pulitzer was established in 1917 by provisions in the will of American Joseph Pulitzer who had made his fortune as a newspaper publisher.
- Prizes are awarded yearly in twenty-one categories.In twenty of the categories,each winner receives a certificate and a US$15,000 cash award.The winner in the public service category of the journalism competition is awarded a gold medal
- The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal were awarded Pulitzer Prizes for their separate investigations of misconduct and fraud in US President’s financial past.
- Further,Reuters won two Pulitzer Prizes one for revealing the massacre of Rohingya men by Myanmar security forces and another for photographs of Central American migrants seeking refuge in the United States.
1 min read