News:Rajasthan will soon get its first biotechnology park and incubation centre as memorandum of understanding will be signed with the Centre’s Department of Biotechnology.
About the Biotech Park in Rajasthan:
- The Biotech park and incubation centre is expected to enable the State government to take up research in the field of biotechnology and provide employment to the youths.
- It would help to promote interdisciplinary fields such as bioinformatics, biomedical engineering and nanomedicine
- Further,it also has the significance of science-based manufacturing in industrialisation.
About Biotech Park:
- The Department of Biotechnology has established Biotechnology Parks/Incubators across the country to translate research into products and services by providing the necessary infrastructure support.
- These Parks offer facilities to Scientists and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) for technology incubation, technology demonstration and pilot plant studies for accelerated commercial development of Biotechnology.
- It also assists new enterprises to forge appropriate linkages with other stakeholders of biotechnology sector including academia and Government.
National Biotechnology Parks Scheme:
- The Department of Biotechnology has also launched the ‘National Biotechnology Parks Scheme’.
- The scheme aims to create an ecosystem to absorb the start-ups which have graduated from incubators and give them a platform for further scaling up their R&D activities in collaboration with the state government and industry.