- Russian space agency Roscosmos has launched Spektr-RG from Baikonur Cosmodrome,Russia.
- The Spektr-RG is a space observatory intended to observe black holes, neutron stars and magnetic fields.It was launched on a Proton-M rocket.
- The project is a joint collaboration between Russian and German scientists.
- The Spektr-RG is intended to replace the Spektr-R which is known as the Russian Hubble which Roscosmos lost control in January,2019.
- Spektr-R was launched in 2011 to observe black holes,neutron stars and magnetic fields.Its successor will take up similar duties
1 min read