News:The mobile application Saiyam has been developed by the Pune Municipal Corporation under the Smart Cities Mission.
- Aim:To effectively track the home-quarantined citizens and ensure that they are staying in the home.
- Under this,citizens movements are monitored centrally through GPS and are marked as Red, Amber or Green.
- Red signifies that the person has ventured out for a longer duration. Yellow signifies that the person has limited movements and Green signifies that the person is confined to house limits.
Smart Cities Mission:
- Launched Year: 2015
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
- Aim: To develop 100 smart cities across the country by 2022 making them citizen-friendly and sustainable.
- Objective:To promote sustainable and inclusive cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions.