News:Recently,Fourteen start-ups have been selected for SEED awards,2019.
About the SEED awards:
- The SEED award aims to highlight the contribution of green and social enterprises to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
- The awards are given annually to organisations working on sustainable development.
- SEED was founded by the UNEP, UNDP and the International Union for Conservation of Nature(IUCN) at the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg.
- It is a global partnership for action on sustainable development and the green economy.
- This initiative works in Asian and African countries including Ghana, India, Indonesia, South Africa, Thailand and Uganda and supports small and growing enterprises with business and capacity-building support.
- The United Nations Environment Programme was founded by the UN General Assembly as a result of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment (Stockholm Conference) in June 1972.
- UNEP sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system.
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network.
- UNDP was established in 1965 by the General Assembly of the United Nations.It is headquartered in New York,US.
- It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature(IUCN) is a membership union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations.
- It was created in 1948.It is the global authority on the status of the natural world and the measures needed to safeguard it.It is headquartered in Switzerland.