News:A group of selected student innovators of the Atal Tinkering Lab Marathon 2018 has called on the President of India.
About Atal Tinkering lab:
- Atal Tinkering labs(ATL) have been established under the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM).
- ATL is a workspace where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands-on do-it-yourself mode and learn innovation skills.
- The objective of this lab is to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing among others.
- AIM will provide grant-in-aid that includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs.10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs. 10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL.
- Schools (minimum Grade VI – X) managed by Government, local body or private trusts/society are eligible to set up ATL.
Atal innovation mission(AIM):
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016.
- It aims to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.It seeks to create institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.