- Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy(IC) has approved a proposal to set up a Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) for solar/wind sector.
- This move will give further fillip to the smooth implementation of solar/wind energy projects in India.
- It fulfils a long pending demand of the industry to resolve expeditiously, unforeseen disputes that may arise beyond the scope of Contractual Agreements.
- A three member Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) will be set up with the approval of Hon’ble Minister (NRE) consisting of eminent persons of impeccable integrity.
- The upper age for the DRC members shall be 70 years.The Committee members of DRC shall be chosen from the eminent persons located in NCR of Delhi so as to avoid expenditure on Air Travel & accommodation.
- The mechanism of DRC will be applicable for all solar/ wind Schemes/ Programmes/ Projects being implemented through Solar Energy Corporation of India(SECI) or NTPC.
- The DRC will consider following kinds of cases (a)all cases of appeal against decisions given by SECI on Extension of Time requests based on terms of contract and (b)all requests of Extension of Time not covered under the terms of the contract.
- The recommendations of the DRC along with Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) observations will be placed before Minister (NRE) for final decision.
6 min read