News:A maiden trilateral exercise involving the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), Royal Thailand Navy(RTN) and Indian Navy(IN) has commenced at Port Blair.
About the exercise:
- The maritime exercise is a five-day-long exercise.
- The exercise is aimed at bolstering the maritime inter-relationships amongst India, Singapore and Thailand and contribute significantly to enhancing the overall maritime security in the region.
- The exercise would also strengthen the mutual confidence amongst three navies in terms of interoperability and development of a common understanding of procedures.
- The ships that are participating from the Indian side are (a)Ranvir- a Guided Missile Destroyer (b)Kora- a missile corvette (c)Sukanya- an Offshore Patrol Vessel and (d)P8I- Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft.
- Exercise SIMBEX– It is a bilateral naval exercise between Indian Navy and the Republic of Singapore Navy.
- Exercise Maitree- It is a bilateral military exercise between India and Thailand.The Exercise MAITREE-2019 is being held at Foreign Training Node, Meghalaya from 16-29 Sep 2019.