- Astronomers have raised concerns about Space X’s Starlink. According to astronomers, Starlink satellites may threaten the view of the cosmos and adversely affect scientific discovery.
- The newly launched each Starlink satellite contain a single solar array, which both captures and bounces sunlight off the satellites and, as a result, can sometimes be seen from Earth. However, bright, reflective surfaces pose a problem because they obstruct the view of the universe.
- SpaceX has said that in future satellites it would to work reduce albedo — that is, the amount of light the satellites reflect.
- Recently, SpaceX launched its first 60 of nearly 12,000 internet providing satellites under the Starlink Project.
- Starlink project seeks to provide internet data about 50% faster than is physically possible with current fiber-optic cables. The goal of the project is to eventually build a low-cost, satellite based broadband network capable of delivering internet access to the entire globe.
4 min read