- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is expected to launch a number strategic earth observation (EO) satellites in 2019-2020.
- The satellites which are expected to be launched are: a) RISAT-2B, b) Cartosat-3, c) RISAT-2BR1, d) GISAT-1(ne series), e) RISAT-2BR2, f) GISAT-2, g) RISAT-1A, and h) GSAT-32.
- RISAT-2B is a radar imaging satellite. It has all weather capability to take images of the earth. It is a part of ISRO’s RISAT series). RISAT-2, launched in 2009 was the first of the RISAT series to reach orbit.
- The Cartosat 3 is remote sensing satellite. It is an advanced version of Cartosat-2 series with improved spatial and spectral characteristics. It has an enhanced resolution of 0.25 metre for cartographic applications and high-resolution mapping.
- GSAT-32 is a communication satellite. It will replace GSAT-6A, which was lost in a failed launch. It seeks to boost point-to-point communications for military.
1 min read