News:The Statue of Unity will be hosting a set of events till October 31 which is Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary.
About the programme:
- The programmes are planned by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- It will include all probationer IAS, IPS, IFS and IRS office officers, top secretaries of the Government of India, World Bank President among others.
- The prominent theme of a programme is on “How to make India a $5 trillion economy by 2024”.
- The programme will be addressed by the World Bank President who will speak to the probationers about the global economic situation.
Statue of Unity:
- The Statue of Unity is a memorial to Sardar Vallabhai Patel.It was inaugurated on 31st October 2018 in commemoration to Sardar Patel on his 143rd birth anniversary.
- It is situated in the Kevadia town,Narmada district Gujarat. It has been built on the Sadhu Bet Island, on the Narmada River.
- It is the tallest statue in the world with a height of 182 mts.
About Sardar Patel:
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel popularly known as the Iron Man of India served as the first home minister of independent India.
- He is credited with integrating the more than 500 disparate princely States into the Dominion of India.
- He is also remembered as the patron saint of India’s civil servants for having established the modern all-India services system.