- The Statue of Unity has been shortlisted for ‘The Structural Awards 2019’. The award is presented by the UK-based Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE).
- The Statue of Unity is a memorial to Sardar Vallabhai Patel. It was inaugurated on 31st October 2018 in commemoration to Sardar Patel on his 143rd birth anniversary.
- It is situated in the Kevadia town, Narmada district Gujarat. It has been built on the Sadhu Bet Island, on the Narmada River.
- It is the tallest statue in the world with a height of 182 mts.
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel, popularly known as the Iron Man of India, served as the first home minister of independent India. He is credited with integrating the more than 500 disparate princely States into the Dominion of India
1 min read