- Minister of State for Home Affairs has informed the Parliament about the steps taken by the Government to deal with Cyber Crime and Cyber Security.
- The Government has launched the online cybercrime reporting portal to enable complainants to report complaints pertaining to Child Pornography or sexually explicit content.
- The Central Government has also rolled out a scheme for establishment of Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre(I4C) to handle issues related to cybercrime in the country in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- The government has also established a National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre(NCIIPC) for protection of critical information infrastructure in the country.
- Further,Cyber Swachhta Kendra (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) has also been launched for providing detection of malicious programmes and free tools to remove such programmes.
- Government has also formulated Crisis Management Plan for countering cyber attacks and cyber terrorism.
- The government has also been conducting cyber security mock drills and exercises regularly to enable assessment of cyber security posture and preparedness of organizations in Government and critical sector.
- The government has also asked all organizations providing digital services to report cyber security incidents to CERT-In expeditiously.
- The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team(CERT-In) is an office within the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.It is the nodal agency to deal with cyber security threats like hacking and phishing.
2 min read