News:Prime Minister will present the Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019 to top ranked states and districts.
About About Swachh Survekshan Grameen:
- Swachh Survekshan Grameen provide national ranking of all districts and States of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (Swachhata) parameters.
- The rankings are based on taking into account a set of comprehensive cleanliness parameters.
Weightage:The weights to different criteria of the SSG are as follows:
- Direct Observation of sanitation in public places (30%).
- Citizen’s Feedback including feedback from common citizens,key influencers at the village level and from citizens online using the App (35%).
- Service Level Progress on sanitation related parameters (35%).
Key takeaways from the survey:
- Among larger states,Tamil Nadu has topped the list in 2019 from 11th position in 2018.
- Haryana and Gujarat slipped to second and third positions respectively, each a rank lower than their 2018 performance.
- Among the districts,Peddapalli from Telangana has topped the list followed by Faridabad and Rewari from Haryana.