News:Prime Minister has launched Swachhata Hi Seva(SHS) 2019
About Swachhata Hi Seva(SHS):
- Swachhta Hi Sewa’ (Cleanliness is service) is a campaign launched in 2018 as a part of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The campaign is being coordinated by the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation,convening Ministry for the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The objective of the campaign is to mobilise people and reinforce jan aandolan (mass movement) for sanitation and to contribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of a Clean India.
Swachhata Hi Seva(SHS) 2019
- The Swachata hi Sewa 2019 theme is ‘plastic waste awareness and management’.
- The campaign will witness mass awareness generation activities on plastic waste management between September 11 and October 1,2019.
- The SHS campaign 2019 would give a big boost to subsequent collection, recycling and disposal of plastic waste.
About Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness campaign initiated by Govt. of India in 2014.It seeks to achieve a Clean India by 2019 as a tribute to the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It has two sub-missions.Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) and Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban).
Swachh Bharat Mission(Gramin)
- Swachh Bharat Mission(Gramin) aims to improve the levels of cleanliness in rural areas through Solid and Liquid Waste Management activities and making villages Open Defecation Free (ODF) and clean.
- It is implemented by Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Jal Shakti Ministry.
Swachh Bharat Mission(Urban)
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) aims at elimination of open defecation, conversion of unsanitary toilets to pour flush toilets, eradication of manual scavenging, municipal solid waste management and bringing about a behavioural change in people regarding healthy sanitation practices.
- It is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.