News:The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) has postponed the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investors(RE-INVEST) meet.
- It is a global platform to explore strategies for the development and deployment of renewables.
- It showcases India’s clean energy market and the Government’s efforts to scale up capacity to meet the national energy demand in socially, economically and ecologically sustainable ways
- In 2015, the first edition of Re-Invest was organized in New Delhi.
- The government allows 100% Foreign direct investment(FDI) under the automatic route for projects of renewable power generation and distribution provided they comply with the provisions of The Electricity Act,2003.
- The Indian government has set a growth target of installation of 175 GW aggregate capacity of renewable energy by 2022.It includes 100 GW from solar, 60 GW from wind, 10 GW from bio-power and 5 GW from small hydro-power.