News: Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) in collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur will be launching Tech for Tribals initiative.
- Tech for Tribals Initiative: It aims at the holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT and business development through Self Help Groups(SHGs) operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
- Features: Under this initiative, TRIFED with the support of the Ministry of MSME has tied up with reputed national institutions for organising the first phase of tribal entrepreneurship and skill development programs.
- Van Dhan Scheme: It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED with the aim to target livelihood generation for tribal gatherers and transform them into entrepreneurs.
- Under this, Van Dhan Vikas Kendras have been set up to cater to 10 tribal Self Help Groups(SHG).These SHGs are trained and provided with working capital to add value to the products.The SHGs then market their products within and outside the State.
- TRIFED: It was established in 1987 under the administrative control of the Ministry of Tribal affairs.It aims to provide good price to the products made or collected from the forest by the tribal people.