News:Technology Development Board(TDB) has approved funding for Mylab Discovery Solutions to develop Covid-19 kits.
- Technology Development Board(TDB) is a statutory body established in 1996 under the Technology Development Board Act,1995.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Aim: To provide financial assistance to Indian industrial concerns and other agencies attempting development and commercial application of indigenous technology or adapting imported technology to wider domestic applications.
- Composition: It consists of 11 members with Secretary, Department of Science & Technology as Ex-officio Chairperson.
Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA):
- It is a not–for–profit Public Private Partnership(PPP) company promoted jointly by the Technology Development Board (TDB) and the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII).
- Aim: To strengthen India’s innovation ecosystem through supporting and enabling technology and innovation driven enterprises.