- An informal meeting of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) nations was conducted on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Osaka,Japan.
- During the meeting,Indian PM has said that terrorism is the biggest threat to humanity which not only kills innocents but also severely affects the economic development and social stability.
- The BRICS nations has pledged to combat terrorism and illicit financial flow and called on to prevent the financing of terrorist networks.
- Further,they reiterated that it is the responsibility of all states to prevent the financing of terrorist networks and terrorist actions from their territories.
- They also called on the technology companies to cooperate with governments in accordance with applicable law to eliminate the ability of terrorists to use digital platforms to encourage, recruit, facilitate or commit terrorist acts.
- The leaders of the BRICS pledged to strive to promote international anti-corruption cooperation and strengthening of legal frameworks.
- They said that corruption including illicit money and financial flows and ill-gotten wealth stashed in foreign jurisdictions is a global challenge which may impact negatively on economic growth and sustainable development.
6 min read