- The Jagannath Rath Yatra festival will begin from Puri in Odisha. The festival is popularly known as the ‘Festival of Chariots’,
- The festival is dedicated to Lord Jagannath,his sister Goddess Subhadra and elder brother Balabhadra.
- The three deities make an annual Journey to their aunt’s temple (Gundicha Temple) from Lord Jagannath temple.
- All the three deities travel in three different chariots during this festival.The chariots are called Nandighosha, Taladhwaja and Devadalana respectively.
- Further,the three deities remain at the Gundicha Temple for a span of 9 days.Later,they are back to their home.This return journey is called the ‘Bahuda Yatra’.
1 min read