- At a recent event organised in New Delhi, EAT- Lancet Commission has launched Eat-Lancet Report-India. The event was organised by FSSAI with the support of Tasting India and Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN).
- The Eat-Lancet Report was first launched in Oslo, Norway in January, 2019. Since then the report has been released in over 25 countries.
- The report by EAT-Lancet Commission on Food, Planet and Health advocates the need for sustainable food production to curb the growing adverse impact of food production on environment. It proposes scientific targets for what constitutes a healthy diet derived from a sustainable food system.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is the regulatory body for food safety and quality in India.
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an independent non-profit foundation which aims to end malnutrition. It was developed at the UN 2002 Special Session of the General Assembly on Children. GAIN mobilises public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to people vulnerable to malnutrition.
2 min read