News:Tobacco Board of India has been awarded the Golden Leaf Award in the Most Impressive Public Service Initiative category for the year 2019.
About Tobacco Board of India:
- Tobacco Board is a statutory body established under the Tobacco Board Act,1975.
- It comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.The tobacco board is headquartered in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- The main functions of the Board include (a)regulating the production and curing of Virginia tobacco in India (b)improving the yields and quality of tobacco, (c)facilitating the sale of tobacco through e-auctions (d)undertaking various grower welfare measures and (e)export promotion of tobacco.
About Golden Leaf awards:
- The Golden Leaf Awards were created to recognize professional excellence and dedication in the tobacco industry by Tobacco Reporter, an international magazine in the year 2006.
- The awards are granted on an annual basis to companies that have achieved outstanding performance in five categories (a) impressive public service initiative (b) promising new product introduction (c) exciting newcomer to the industry (d) outstanding service to the industry and (e)committed to quality award.