News:World Economic Forum(WEF) has released the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index(TTCI) Report
About Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index(TTCI)
- The index is published biennially by World Economic Forum(WEF).The Index ranks 140 economies.
- The countries are ranked in four sub-indexes namely (a)enabling environment (b)travel and tourism policy and enabling conditions, (c)infrastructure and (d)natural and cultural resources.
Key takeaways from the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index(TTCI)
- The index has ranked India at 34th place.Earlier.India was ranked 40th in 2018.
- Spain was ranked first followed by France,Germany and Japan with the United States replacing the UK in the top five.
- The index has said that China is the largest travel and tourism economy in the Asia-Pacific and 13th most competitive globally.
World Economic Forum(WEF)
- WEF was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- The objective of WEF is to improve the state of the world by engaging business,political,academic and other leaders of society to shape global,regional and industry agendas.