News: Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED) has entered into a partnership with IIT Delhi under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan(UBA).This will allow Tribal entrepreneurs under the Van Dhan programme to get access to the expertise of the entire network of academic and research institutions under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan(UBA).
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: It was launched in 2014 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 is the upgraded version of the scheme.It is extended to all educational institutes but the Participating institutes are selected based on the fulfillment of certain criteria.
- Aim: To link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least 5 villages so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- Coordinating Institute: IIT Delhi has been designated to function as the National Coordinating Institute for this programme.
- Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana(PMVDY): It is a Market Linked Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Program launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Aim: To improve tribal incomes through value addition of tribal products and the economic development of tribals by helping them in optimum utilisation of natural resources.
- Under the scheme, Van Dhan Vikas Kendras are set up to cater to 10 tribal Self Help Groups(SHG).These SHGs are trained and provided with working capital to add value to the products.The SHGs then market their products within and outside the States.
- Implementation: The scheme is implemented through the Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level.TRIFED acts as the Nodal Agency at the National Level.