- According to a study by Indian Chest Society and Indian Chest Research Foundation, Ujjwala scheme has helped reduce chest congestion in rural women by 20%. The study has been published in the International Journal of Medical and Health Research.
- Launched in 2016, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- It aims to safeguard the health of women & children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG.
- The scheme provides free LPG connections to economically weaker families. The connections are issued in the name of women of the households.
- Under the scheme, cash assistance of Rs. 1600 is given to the beneficiaries to get a deposit-free new connection. Further, interest free loan is provided to purchase stove and refill by Oil Marketing Companies.
1 min read