News:Union Home minister has chaired a high-level meeting to review the status of ‘Bharat Ke Veer’.
About Bharat ke Veer:
- Launched by the Union Home Ministry in 2017.
- It is an IT based platform to enable willing donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who sacrificed his/her life in line of duty.
- It is managed by a committee consisting of Director Generals of Central Armed Police Forces(CAPFs) under aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of 15 lakh rupees is imposed so that donors can choose to divert part of the donation.
- It has also been granted the status of a registered trust to ‘Bharat ke Veer’ by making it exempt from income tax under form 80(g).