News:Union Minister for Home Affairs has inaugurated the National Tribal Festival ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ in New Delhi.
About Aadi Mahotsav:
- Aadi Mahotsav is a National Tribal Festival.It is a joint initiative of Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED).
- The objective of the festival is to celebrate, cherish and promote the spirit of tribal craft, culture, cuisine and commerce.
- The theme of this year’s festival is “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”.
- For the first time, the Aadi Mahotsav is showcasing a wide range of products from the tribal artisans from Leh in Ladakh.
Significance of the festival:
- This platform is helping the tribal artisans, their handicrafts, culture, traditions and food to showcase them in front of the world.
- The platform not only proves to be a vital source of employment to lakhs of tribals but also gives them recognition and instills a sense of pride and worthiness in them.
- The festival is also an effort to take tribal commerce to the next level of digital and electronic transactions.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) was established in 1987.It functions under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal affairs.
- The objective of TRIFED is socio-economic development of tribal people in the country by way of marketing development of the tribal products.It acts as a facilitator and service provider.