Union Minister of MSME approves Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission

2 min read

News: Union Minister for MSME has approved a program proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) named “Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission”.

Facts:

  • Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission: It aims at creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country while increasing domestic Agarbatti production substantially.
  • Mode: The scheme has been designed based on the Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. 
  • Features: Under this, KVIC will provide Automatic Agarbatti making machines and powder mixing machines to the artisans through the private Agarbatti manufacturers who will sign the agreement as business partners.
  • Further, KVIC will provide a 25% subsidy on the cost of the machines and will recover the remaining 75% of the cost from the artisans in installments every month. 
  • The business partner will provide the raw material to the artisans for making Agarbatti and will pay them wages on a job work basis.

Additional Facts:

  • KVIC: It is a statutory body established under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act,1956.It functions under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.