News: A Webinar was conducted on the Scientific & Technological Interventions by CSIR-CMERI combating COVID-19 under the Jigyasa programme.
- Jigyasa programme: It is a student-scientist connect programme launched in 2017.
- Aim: To connect school students and scientists as well as to extend the student’s classroom learning to a very well-planned research laboratory based learning.
- Implementation: It is implemented by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan(KVS).
- Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI): It was established in 1958 as a public engineering research and development institution in Durgapur, West Bengal.
- It is a constituent laboratory of CSIR and is the only national level research institute in the field of mechanical engineering in India.