News:World Health Organization(WHO) has announced the creation of the ‘WHO Foundation’.
- WHO Foundation: It is an independent grant-making entity that will support the WHO’s efforts to address the most pressing global health challenges and to deliver on the organization’s triple billion goals.
- Contributions: It will be legally separate from WHO and will facilitate contributions from the general public, individual major donors and corporate partners to WHO.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Triple Billion Goals: These goals featured in WHO’s five-year strategic plan which aims to:
- protect 1 billion people from health emergencies
- extend universal health coverage to 1 billion people and
- assure healthy lives and wellbeing to 1 billion people by 2023.