News: The United Nations has designated the first Monday of October every year as World Habitat Day (5th October 2020).
- World Habitat Day: It was established in 1985 by the United Nations General Assembly through Resolution 40/202 and was first celebrated in 1986.
- Aim: To focus on the state of human settlements and people’s right to sufficient shelter and also to remind people that they are responsible for the habitat of future generations.
- Theme: “Housing for All-A better Urban Future”.
- Sustainable Development Goal 11: It aims to make cities more inclusive, safe,resilient and sustainable.
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme(UN-Habitat): It was established in 1978 as a United Nations agency for human settlements and sustainable urban development.Headquarters: Nairobi,Kenya.