News:The United Nations has released the World Happiness Report 2020.
About the report:
- The World Happiness Report is an annual report originally launched in 2012.
- It is released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20, the UN’s annual International Day of Happiness.
- The report ranks 156 countries on the state of global happiness using the Gallup World Poll and six factors namely levels of GDP, life expectancy, generosity, social support, freedom and corruption income.
- The theme for this year’s report is Environment for Happiness.
Key takeaways from the report:
- Finland has been ranked first followed by Denmark and Switzerland.
- India has been ranked at 144th position.In 2019,it was at 140th.
- Zimbabwe, South Sudan and Afghanistan were among those classified as the least happy countries.